Sunday 17 July 2011

Wedding Invitation Cards (Kad Kahwin)

So, I see you're planning to order your wedding invitation cards (kad kahwin), ay? That's good. I haven't done that but probably in a month time. However, I've scouted a couple of interesting websites to order your cards such as kadkahwin.com, thekadkahwin.com, kadlestari.com and kad-kadkahwin.com. There are a wide array of designs (with different prices) to choose from but if you ask me, I'm into simple wedding cards. Yes that's right.. simple.
A lot of wedding cards are delivered to my house over the past years mainly from my dad's friend's son or daughter. You get these different cards such as ones with a hard cover, ribbons, three-folded cards, tiny ones (but cute!), colourful cards.. just plain white cards.. you name it!
But one that I don't fancy (but hey, everyone has their own taste) are cards with their pictures the bride & groom on it. There's nothing wrong placing your picture on the card. At least people can identify that you're getting married instantly! Imagine what guests would do with the card after the ceremony is done? I'm not talking about those mumbo jumbo things.. no no.. I meant, people might dispose the card and you wouldn't want your face to be in the thrash can do you? Well you might think that your special friends and family wouldn't do that thing and keep it as a 'souvenir' but trust me, one day someone has to dispose it. Maybe not soon but later in the future. That is just my perception and it has nothing to do with anyone that sent me an invitation card with their face on it. :)
So yeah.. why don't you choose a card that goes with your theme colour? If pink, probably you could choose a pink card? Or white+pink? Try not to order expensive cards cause like I said, in the end, it will get disposed.
When is the right time to order your cards? Depending on the company that you choose to order, often people order their cards three months (or four?) before and give room for the card to be produced for a month max. This includes sending in your map to the company, editing: adjusting dates or any errors, finalising the prints..etc. You can send it to everyone two months prior to your wedding. Since most of your friends are working (right?), you have to give them time to take leave incase your wedding is held at another state or you require their assistance prior and during the wedding. (You need as many helping hands as you can get!). Getting people to RSVP your wedding is very difficult. Trust me.. even if you give them a reply card and place a stamp on it, often people have the tendency of ignoring it and assuming that your friend will understand that you're coming. Tsk! Tsk! So what you can do get yourself a prepaid card for just this occasion and bombard a text or email to the guests asking whether they would like to come to your wedding. I know having to do that to 500+ guests is not an easy task but hey, nothing is easy in this world.
Oh another issue. If you plan to be very selective with your guests especially if it's a sit-down ceremony, do not.. I repeat do not make a 'Facebook Wedding Invitation'. You know, you scan your wedding card and you tag everyone in your list. Do everything traditionally. Send the card via mail or by hand to the person personally.

No comments:

Post a Comment