Thursday 21 July 2011

Appointment with Syahrir Nurdin and Hatta Dolmat

Yesterday I went to see both Syahrir Nurdin and Hatta Dolmat at their boutique. Both located in Shah Alam. I've already asked for a rough quotation previously but this time, with the materials for my wedding outfit, I met them slightly longer and asked them the exact price that they would charge me if I commit to any of them. How much do they charge? I don't think it would be appropriate for me to discuss here. But I dare to say that it all depends on what type of outfit you want them to design and make for you (e.g. the usual traditional Malay outfit or modern dress) and also, whether you already have the materials or you want them to find it for you. Both involves different pricing of course. :-)

Anyhoo, they were both super friendly and helpful. They took out several pieces of A4 paper and started drawing breathtaking designs for my wedding dress and my partner's tux. Maybe for them they consider it just a rough sketch/idea of how they would design my outfit but for me, woah..! During my teen years (I'm in my mid 20s by the way), I had this gazillion ambition and one of them is to become a Fashion Designer. Used to remember buying a sketch book to sketch out my ideas. They were awful ideas by the way. Thank God I'm nowhere close to the industry otherwise my outfit will be in the fashion magazine for fashion faux pas! Ok back to Syahrir and Hatta. After they drew the whole design, they explained what materials they would use (mine and additional materials) and what the whole package consists of (e.g. veil, shoes). I got all excited when I saw the end result of the whole sketch. If I had the purchasing power (unfortunately I don't.. just graduated my Masters degree), I would definitely say 'yes' on the spot to one of them. I'll be away for approximately two weeks so I promised them I would let them know my decision after I return. It's going to be tough to decide cause they both are talented and their boutique are just a few minutes away from my house but like it or not, I have to put my foot down when I return.

No comments:

Post a Comment