Tuesday 19 July 2011

Baju, baju, baju..

Alright today I want to talk about my (or your) wedding outfit. Every bride tentu nak look amazing on their big day, right? Well, there are a wide array of stunning outfits that you can rent. Too many to list out. If you flip through magazines such as Pengantin, Stailista, Ratu Sehari and Tepak Sireh, they will provide you with so many numbers of bridal stores near your housing area :) From Selangor or Kuala Lumpur to Johor and Kelantan.. There's no reason for you to be worried having to travel far just to get the perfect outfit for the special day :) Different stores will provide you with different designs and price. It's all up to you how much you are willing to spend to rent your outfit and what type of outfit you prefer.. dress ke.. baju traditional ke.. :) When is the right time to book your outfit? If it's a popular store, I reckon you should approach them at least three or four months before. But people might book things even earlier..

In my case, I have less than four months to go. So I really gotta speed things up! I'll probably have my outfit made by Hatta Dolmat / Syahrir Nurdin / Syomir Izwa / Azura couture.. They are all amazing designers and I trust that any one of them that I commit too (still deciding and weighing some other things), will create a great end-result. Again, I have to speed things up cause I need to give room at least three months for them to design my outfit. Both for nikah and bersanding. That is for my side of course. For my future husband's side of the wedding, we're thinking of renting the outfit. Mine will be modern and we've agreed that we will be wearing the traditional Malay wedding costume during his side.

I'm extremely excited and counting the days to my big day but at the same time anxious cause it's not just about tying the knot and living with your partner but there are other great responsibilities that comes along with marriage. You're not marrying just your partner you know.. you're 'marrying' his whole family as well! :) Don't worry I'm not trying to scare you off. It's something that us women should ponder and get ready before committing ourselves. InshaAllah all will be well.. :) Just pray for the best..

Soon-to-be-married x

No comments:

Post a Comment